Posts tagged gif
Posts tagged gif
The Forest Spirit, god of life and death
wolf playing in the snow
WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE
This is the classic story of a dog chasing a cat, though it turns the convention on its tail, so to speak.
I’m not crying you’re crying shut up
stop no oh my gooooodd
Zombies Ate My Neighbours, SNES.
Pokemon Amie - Shiny Umbreon
playing pokemon as a kid
playing pokemon as an adult
Manta ray glittering in the sunlight.
Despite its enormous size, the giant manta ray feeds on tiny planktonic organisms by filtering large volumes of water through its mouth. Food is strained out of the water using plates of pinkish-brown, sponge-like tissue between the gills, known as ‘gill rakers’. When feeding, the giant manta ray unfurls the fleshy cephalic lobes on either side of its head and uses them to direct water into the mouth. It often swims in slow somersaults as it gathers food, or sometimes scoops plankton up along the sea bed.
We know the xkit guy gives us the amazing, wonderful extension fully for free. We’d be lost without it, really. We also know he’s gotta be super stressed out right now, and working double time trying to fix the Chrome issue.
Consider donating, if you can. Literally any amount would be a help. Think about all he does for us for free. If we all gave $1, imagine what that’d be.
And if you can’t, spread the word!
Thank you, xkit guy.
THIS TOO GUYS. BE SAFE.
This is sorta manditory to reblog.
This joint kills you faster than the bubonic plaque. True
thats because it was designed in the lab to do that
Oh jesus christ. Not one of these “Let’s talk about the symptoms without discussing the realities of the disease!” shit posts. All these do is make people panic and think their cold is some sneaky form of Ebola.
OKAY LISTEN UP YOU GUYS. ITS TIME TO PULL UP A CHAIR, TURN ON YOUR SCIENCE EARS AND:
(I’m using Bill Nye because this is gonna be a goddamn science talk and I know you people love nostalgia)
HERE ARE SOME VERY IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT EBOLA:
- EBOLA IS ONLY TRANSMITTED THROUGH CONTACT WITH THE BLOOD OR BODY FLUID OF AN INFECTED PERSON.This is why one of its nicknames is “the Caregiver’s disease”! Because most people who contract it are people who were taking care of an infected patient or handled bodies with Ebola. So the general rule of thumb to avoid Ebola (and dozens of other disease much more prevalant everywhere) is: IF YOU SEE BLOOD OR BODILY FLUIDS THAT’S NOT FROM YOUR BODY - DON’T FUCKING TOUCH IT.
- THE EBOLA VIRUS HAS A SHITTY SURVIVAL RATE OUTSIDE A HOST. This means that once a strain of the virus leaves a person’s body outside through blood, vomit, snot, etc - it can’t survive very long at all. In fact many scientific studies find that it’s hard to estimate exactly how long it can survive because their samples tend to start to break down before they can even run tests. This means sitting on a toilet seat in Dallas will not get you fucking ebola.
- ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THIS OUTBREAK HAS GOTTEN SO BAD IS DUE TO SHITTY HEALTH CONDITIONS AND INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE INFECTED COUNTRIES. And by shitty, I mean it’s hard to get clean water and supplies level of shitty. While we can argue about the shitty state of US healthcare (and it’s 100% valid discussion) - it really doesn’t compare to what these clinics have.
- IT DOES NOT HAVE A 100% MORTALITY RATE. Yes, it can be very deadly (from 25-90%), but again, most of the reasons it’s been so deadly is because of the shitty health conditions pointed out in #3. But it is completely possible to survive through Ebola if you get proper treatment (which you shouldn’t have it in the first place if you followed #1).
- NOT EVERY AFRICAN COUNTRY HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH EBOLA. In fact compared to other epidemics, the rate this one has spread is small (I mean it is tragic, no question about that, but objectively speaking it doesn’t even hold a candle to the Bubonic plague, Spanish Influenza, HIV/AIDS or even H1N1). The countries infected are Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia, all located in West Africa. And by infected, I mean about 0.0004% of their combined populations of 20 million are infected - which in pandemic terms this is tiny. So if you or your friends or your family who are either traveling or living in other parts of Africa you really shouldn’t worry about Ebola because- Africa is fucking huge.
- THERE IS NO SOLID EVIDENCE IT WAS CONSTRUCTED IN A LAB. This is a conspiracy theory that’s been thrown out there in order to explain why it’s so deadly. People get anxious, and they blame what they can.
And that’s it! It pretty much boils down to it’s really not something to panic about - and you shouldn’t handle other people’s bodily fluids or blood without proper equipment. Which- you really shouldn’t do that at anytime, anyplace.
Thank you notontumblr
So my Asshole Brain decided it would give me a nightmare about ebola last night, and I was up for a while with the sensible part of my brain going “Lizard brain stop I’m exhausted and you are being ridiculous” while the lizard brain was going “CAN’T SLEEP FILOVIRUS WILL EAT ME”, so seeing takedowns of this nature does me good.
It will also do all of you good, gentle followers.
"What the heck is she doing?" [X]